Fermagalus™ is fermented astragalus, a medicinal herb used in traditional Chinese medicine. This plant grows mainly in northern China, Mongolia and Siberia.
The astragalus root is used for medicinal purposes.
This immune-supporting herb has been activated by lactic acid fermentation.
The great benefit of fermenting Astragalus
Better absorption of secondary plant metabolites
Astragalus root is rich in polysaccharides, saponins such as astragalosides and flavonoids. Therefore, it is suitable for lactic acid fermentation, as the bioavailability of the active substances is significantly increased.
The flavonoids are broken down into smaller active antioxidant molecules by fermentation
The SOD-like substances are not destroyed in the digestive tract as is the case with oral ingestion of superoxide dismutase (SOD). These antioxidants have a similar function to SOD.
Fermagalus™ contains paraprobiotics with similar health-promoting benefits as live probiotic strains.
Much lower daily dose needed
Thanks to the high bioavailability and rapid absorption in the small intestine, a daily dose of 150 mg is enough under normal circumstances.
The big benefit of Fermagalus™ is that the natural matrix of the plant is preserved. Together with the high bioavailability of the active substances, this ingredient is much safer than those that only offer the pure, isolated form of cycloastragenol or calycosin.
The astragalus plant contains many other intelligent substances that are highly beneficial to the body, also in their best absorbable form through fermentation. It is the synergy of secondary plant metabolites in their best absorbable form that plays an important role for health.
High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) is applied to identify and quantify cycloastragenol/calycosin changes before and after fermentation. Fermagalus™, fermented astragalus, contains 33-fold more cycloastragenol than non-fermented astragalus. Cycloastragenol is an aglycone of astragalosides I-VII and traces of cycloastragenol are found in natural astragalus. Astragalosides IV is considered to be the main component for standardization of astragalus root.
The content of the active component calycosin is also many times higher after fermentation of astragalus.
THE WONDERFUL SYNERGY BETWEEN CYCLOASTRAGENOL AND CALYCOSIN
Astragalus is a noticeable geroprotector. Telomere support is in the picture when it comes to slowing the aging rate and the onset of age-related diseases. Telomere length is a biological clock that determines the lifespan of a cell. Oxidative stress accelerates telomere shortening, which can be compensated by telomerase.
Cycloastragenol (CAG) is currently one of the few substances known to activate telomerase in humans. Calycosin (CA), the major flavonoid of astragalus, is a potent antioxidant that protects telomeres from oxidative damage.
The synergistic protection of CAG and CA against telomere shortening makes astragalus a promising candidate for geroprotection.
Why choose Fermagalus™?
- Better absorption of secondary plant metabolites
- Higher concentration of active substances
- Formation of smaller active flavonoids or SOD-like substances
- High amount of cycloastragenol and calycosin
- Beneficial effect on telomeres
- Much lower daily dose neededMuch lower daily dose needed
- Repair of DNA damage by activating telomerase (longevity)
- General optimization of the functioning of the immune system
- Has strong anti-viral properties and protects the body against colds and flu
- Is an adaptogen and increases our adaptation to all kinds of stressful circumstances
- Has neuroprotective properties due to the astragalosides
- Has strong liver-supporting properties
- Improves breathing by both strengthening the lung muscles and reducing mucus formation
- Provides cardiovascular protection as it acts as a blood vessel dilator and slight blood thinner as well as a support for cardiac arrhythmias, respiratory distress, heart failure and heart muscle inflammation
> 0,2 % cycloastragenol
> 0,2 % calycosin
> 10 % polysaccharides
> 20 billion CFU/g paraprobiotics