Fermakinon-7™ contains the vital nutrient vitamin K2, extracted from natto. Natto is a typical Japanese food product. Soybeans are fermented according to an ancient principle and with the help of the Bacillus subtilis bacterium. Natto is naturally rich in vitamin K2 and in particular menaquinone-7. This natural vitamin K2 form from Fermakinon-7™ occurs in the form of 100% all-trans menaquinone-7 (MK-7) and is highly absorbable. It has a longer half-life than other vitamin K2 forms.
What is vitamin K2?
Natural vitamin K2 is a component of vitamin K, a group of fat-soluble substances that e.g. play a role in blood clotting and calcium metabolism.
Vitamin K2 has several subtypes, which differ in number of the isoprenoid chain (MK-n). These vitamin K2 homologues are called menaquinones, and are characterized by the number of isoprenoid chains. For example, MK-7 contains 7.
MK-7 shows higher activity in humans than vitamin K2 as MK-4. The higher efficacy of MK-7 is attributed to its better bioavailability and longer half-life compared to other homologues.
Vitamin K2 can be produced by bacteria or fermented by microorganism . MK-7 from Fermakinon-7™ is extracted from natto, a soybean-based food product fermented with Bacilllus subtilis Natto.
Mechanism of action
Active MGP (Matrix Gla Protein), and serum calcium is transported from the blood vessels to the bone to prevent vascular calcification.
Activated osteocalcin transports free calcium to the bones and promotes bone calcium synthesis.
The exceptional properties of Fermakinon-7™
Dominant Strain Screening
- Screening for high-quality natto (Bacillus natto)
- Selecting dominant strains that can metabolize large amounts of vitamin K 2 by cross analysis
Centrifugation in a professional way
Professional centrifuges optimize operating parameters, separate solids from liquids and improve extraction rates.
Homogeneously emulsified by a unique carrier
Vitamin K 2 (MK-7) raw material is homogeneously emulsified by a unique food grade carrier, so that MK-7 powder can improve its dispersibility in an aqueous solvent, and can also be used in beverages!
100 % all-trans MK-7 structure
Vitamin K2 from Fermakinon-7™ belongs to all-trans MK-7 structure and is a natural source that only a small number of global manufacturers is able to provide. The structure of all-trans MK-7 has been verified by a specialized laboratory.
- Via microencapsulation, Fermakinon-7™ can be better processed and also has better storage stability.
- The residual activity of Fermakinon-7™ in powder form remains above 90% after 9 months.
- The residual activity of Fermakinon-7™ in oil form remains above 90% after 9 months.
Clinical functional test
Functional assessment of Fermakinon-7™ including improved outcome in osteoporosis, improvement in vascular calcification and atherosclerosis.
Preventing vascular calcification
Erasmus Medical Center had followed 4807 subjects who were consuming vitamin K2 for 10 years. The conclusion was that vitamin K2 intake (>32 μ g/day) reduced the risk of aortic calcification and mortality from CHD.
Preventing bone loss
- Vitamin K2 (MK-7) has a good preventive effect on osteoporosis
- Combined with medical treatment for osteoporosis and vitamin D3,
it is also effective in slowing the loss of bone calcium.
Why choose Fermakinon-7™?
- Uses high-quality natto containing large amounts of MK-7
- MK-7 from Fermakinon-7™ is highly stable, tested by an independent lab
- Subjected to a clinical functional test
- Homogeneously emulsified by a unique carrier
- 100 % all-trans MK-7 structure -> highly bioavailable
- The structure of all-trans MK-7 has been verified by a specialized laboratory
- Strain Identification – Non-GMO Test – Pesticide Residue Test – Heavy metal Test – Aflatoxin Test – Residual Solvent Test – Vitamin K2 Content Test
- Very competitive pricing
- Provides bone mineralization by optimizing transport of calcium throughout the body
- Helps prevent injuries associated with osteoporosis, such as fractures of the hip, for example
- Helps keep calcium out of the arteries and soft tissues, thus protecting against atherosclerosis and calcification of the aorta
- Supports healthy kidney function by preventing calcium kidney stones
- Effective at combating inflammatory processes
Oil: 2000 mcg/g vitamin K2 as MK-7