Fermeric™ is fermented turmeric, the tuberous yellow-orange rhizome of Curcuma longa that is widely used in Indian and Asian cuisine. Since ancient times, turmeric has been used in traditional Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine to treat inflammation, pain and digestive disorders, to name a few.
This “golden herb” has been activated by lactic acid fermentation.
The great benefit of fermentation
Enhanced curcumin bioavailability by fermentation – proven with the gold standard for intestinal absorption!
Curcumin from Fermeric™ (fermented turmeric powder) is much more bioavailable than curcumin from unfermented turmeric powder when subjected to the in-vitro MDCK gold standard for intestinal absorption.
- 17,2 times better absorbed within 24 hours
- 6,3 times better absorbed within 48 hours
Enrichment in phenolic compounds by fermentation
During the controlled fermentation of turmeric powder, the content of readily absorbable phenolic compounds increases significantly with a consequent increased antioxidant activity. Approved by clinical research.
Fermeric contains paraprobiotics with similar health-promoting benefits as live probiotic strains. This has been shown by recent scientific studies.
Much lower daily dose needed
Thanks to the much higher efficacy of Fermeric™, a daily dose of 300 – 500 mg is sufficient under normal circumstances.
The great advantage of Fermeric™ is that the natural matrix of the plant has been preserved. Together with the high bioavailability of the active substances, this ingredient is much safer than those who only offer high standardizations on curcumin.
The turmeric plant contains many other intelligent substances in addition to the curcuminoids that are highly beneficial to the body, also in their best absorbable form via traditional fermentation. It is the synergy of secondary plant metabolites in their best absorbable form that plays an important role in the health benefits.
High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) is applied to quantitatively determine the component changes in turmeric before and after fermentation. It shows that curcumin content is increased by 12.7% in fermented, organic turmeric (Fermeric™) compared to the same non-fermented turmeric.
Curcumin is nearly insoluble in water, limiting its systemic bioavailability. An in vitro model to assess the absorption efficiency of chemicals into the body showed a significantly higher apparent permeability (Papp) of fermented curcumin than non-fermented curcumin.
Why choose Fermeric™?
- Proven enhanced bioavailability of curcumin
- Increase in phenolic compounds and related antioxidant capacity
- The presence of smaller active flavonoids or SOD-like substances
- Contains the complete matrix of the plant
- Paraprobiotic effect
- Much lower daily dose needed
- Very strong anti-inflammatory and powerful antioxidant
- Hepatoprotection, prevention of oxidative stress-induced liver injuries
- Memory preservation, especially at older age since oxidative stress-induced deterioration of brain function and brain cell destruction are counteracted
- Supporting immune function through JNK signaling pathways promoting white blood cell survival
- May help in the prevention of influenza and other viral infections
- May help relieve acute inflammation and pain (osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel diseases, …)
- May help in low-grade inflammation (in the case of atherosclerosis, diabetes, depression, …)
- May help athletes recovering from exercise-induced muscle damage
> 2,3% curcuminoids
> 1,4% curcumin
> 20 billion CFU/g paraprobiotics