Improves cardiovascular & immune system
Significant increase in antioxidant capacity
What is FBG22™?
FBG22™ is black garlic obtained from fresh garlic (Allium sativum L.) which has been double fermented for a certain period. It is a technological process that takes months. It is carried out under controlled humidity at various pre-programmed temperatures. Certain substances disappear, such as certain aromatic substances, but other substances are produced. This strengthens the medicinal properties of the plant and softens the odour. The colour becomes dark brown due to the reaction of Maillard.
FBG22™ is a good source of vitamins & minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, polyphenols and flavonoids.
Why fermenting garlic?
Powerful new substances are formed by the fermentation process and the antioxidant capacity of garlic is also substantially increased. The fermentation process also transforms the polyphenols and flavonoids of the garlic. These active substances are cut into smaller pieces whereby they are much more bioavailable.
These transformed polyphenols and flavonoids are often referred to as SOD-like substances because, among other things, they have an antioxidant property similar to SOD (Superoxide dismutase). They are very stable, which is an enormous advantage in terms of effectiveness.
During the fermentation process of garlic, unique water-soluble sulphur compounds such as S-allyl cysteine (SAC) and S-allyl mercaptocysteine (SMAC) are produced with much better bioavailability than compounds in conventional garlic such as allicin.
SAC is a very stable molecule, in contrast to the extremely unstable active ingredient allicin. It is important to choose a fermented black garlic with a high standardization on SAC as many scientific studies indicate to the important health effects of this substance. SAC is considered an important chemical marker for the effectiveness of garlic.
FBG22™ is fermented garlic that contains as much as 22 mg SAC (S-allyl cysteine) per gram of raw material. This is exceptionally high and is the highest level of SAC obtained naturally. This is due to the unique, double fermentation process and the quality & variety (Hardneck Red Russian) of the organic garlic.
SAC is an important characteristic for the therapeutic value of fermented garlic.
SAC or S-allyl cysteine is a water-soluble sulphur compound that is odourless and stable. It is easily absorbed by the intestine. Several studies confirm the antioxidant properties of garlic and S-allyl cysteine. The mechanisms observed include:
- scavenger activity of ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) and RNS (Reactive Nitrogen Species)
- activation of endogenous antioxidants such as glutathione peroxidase, NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase and superoxide dismutase (SOD)
- activation of the Nrf2 factor
- inhibition of pro-oxidizing enzymes (xanthine oxidase, cyclooxygenase and NADPH oxidase).
Based on the large amount of scientific evidence, FBG22™ can be used to support cardiovascular and immune health. However, it is important that the SAC content is as high as possible because it is an important marker for the therapeutic value of fermented garlic. FBG22™ is undoubtedly the most powerful black garlic ingredient on the market.
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases in general
- Promotes a healthy blood circulation of the body and brain
- Has a beneficial effect on blood pressure
- Improves blood lipid profiles in patients with mild hypercholesterolemia
- Possesses pronounced antioxidant properties
- Supports healthy immune function
- Contributes to a healthy liver function
- Anti-inflammatory activity (inhibiting chronic inflammation)
Garlic is authorized in EU for use in food supplements.
Garlic is a plant that appears on the list of permitted plants in Belgium. It is listed in The Royal Decree of 29 August 1997 on the manufacture and trade of foodstuffs composed or containing plants or plant preparations.
Garlic is on the Belfrit list and is allowed in Belgium, France and Italy. In France, garlic is also listed in Annex I of the French “Plants” decree of 24 June 2014 establishing the list of plants authorized in food supplements and the conditions of their employment.
Black garlic is obtained by fermentation, a procedure traditionally used in food production, and does not fall under Regulation (EU) no. 2015/2283 on novel foods.
Fermedics offers you on request all technical data of this ingredient, such as Certificate of Analysis (COA), and price quotation.
Due to the hygroscopic nature, please store at dry conditions in an airtight container. Shelf life is at least two years at 25°C and below 70% RH in original sealed package.
MOQ (minimum order quantity) 20 kg
|Powder||Nutritional supplements and functional food||300 - 600 mg/day|
- Shunsuke Kimura, Yen-Chen Tung, Min-Hsiung Pan, Nan-Wei Su, Ying-Jang Lai, Kuan-Chen Cheng. Review Article Black garlic: A critical review of its production, bioactivity, and application. Journal of food and drug analysis 25 (2017) 62-70
- Bradley C. New black magic: black garlic is new food sensation. Herald Times. Retrieved 2009-03-01, http:// archive.is/http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2009/ 02/25/recipe.qp-1681035.sto.
- Jeong YY, Ryu JH, Shin JH, Kang MJ, Kang JR, Han J, Kang D. Comparison of anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effects between fresh and aged black garlic extracts. Molecules 2016; 21:430.
- Ha AW, Ying T, Kim WK. The effects of black garlic (Allium sativum) extracts on lipid metabolism in rats fed a high fat diet. Nutr Res Pract 2015; 9:30e6.
- Kim MJ, Yoo YC, Kim HJ, Shin SK, Sohn EJ, Min AY, Sung NY, Kim MR. Aged black garlic exerts anti-inflammatory effects by decreasing no and proinflammatory cytokine production with less cytotoxicity in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 macrophages and LPS-induced septicemia mice. J Med Food 2014; 17:1057e63