Ankascin® 568-P is red yeast rice free of natural lovastatin or monacolin K and other monacolines. It contains high levels of monascin and ankaflavin.
Ankascin® 568-P is a unique ingredient verified by clinical research.
The exclusive benefits of monascin and ankaflavin
Monascin (MS) is a natural metabolite obtained through fermentation with broad-spectrum effects on cardiovascular health and beneficial effects on hypercholesterolemia, hyperlipidemia, and obesity. Recently, MS has been shown to improve hyperglycemia, inhibit insulin resistance, and reduce oxidative stress.
Ankaflavin (AK) is a naturally occurring metabolite from red yeast rice. AK regulates several transcription factors associated with the prevention of metabolic syndrome and other diseases such as PPARγ, PPARα and Nrf2. It has a beneficial effect on hypercholesterolemia and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, protects against cardiovascular disease and atherosclerosis.
Ankascin® is supported by more than 10 years of clinical research that resulted in 120 scientific publications including in-vitro and in-vivo experiments to prove its benefits and safety.
Randomized controlled clinical studies show that Ankascin®:
Why choose Ankascin® 568-P?
- Ankascin® 568-P is the first red yeast rice ingredient free of monacolin K and other monacolines.Ankascin® 568-P does not contain monacolin K and other monacolines and has equivalent cardiovascular benefits as conventional red yeast rice without the side effects of monacolin K.
- Clinically proven benefits for blood lipid, blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
- More than 10 years of clinical research resulting in 120 scientific publications.
- Patented fermentation technology with monascus purpureus.
- Complementary with Fermacolin™ and Fermokinase™.
- Ankascin® 568-P has passed four safety tests including:
90-day repeated dose oral toxicity study (230x dosage); in-vitro chromosomal aberration assay; rodent micronucleus test in peripheral blood; Ames test: salmonella reverse mutation test.
- No side effects
In general, no difference in liver and kidney functions was found during a clinical trial between the treatment group (Ankascin®) and the control group.
- No drug interactions
Patients who combine statins with red yeast rice containing monacolin K, may experience side effects due to overdose, including muscle weakness, pain or rhabdomyolysis. This is not the case with ANKASCIN® 568-P!
- Increases HDL-C
- Reduces total cholesterol and LDL-C
- Decreases triglycerides
- Prevents atherosclerosis
- Regulates blood pressure
- Regulates blood glucose
- Improves insulin resistance
- Beneficial effect on Alzheimer’s disease
Ankaflavin ≥ 2,25 mg/g