FBG22™ is black garlic obtained from fresh garlic (Allium sativum L.) which has been triple fermented for a certain period. This technological process takes months and takes place under controlled humidity levels at various pre-programmed temperatures. Certain substances disappear, e.g. certain aromatic substances, while other substances are produced. This strengthens the medicinal properties of the plant and softens the odor. The color becomes dark brown due to the Maillard reaction.
FBG22™ is a good source of vitamins and minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, polyphenols and flavonoids.
The great benefit of fermentation
Formation of unique water-soluble sulphur compounds
During the fermentation process of garlic, unique water-soluble sulphur compounds such as S-allyl cysteine (SAC) and S-allyl mercaptocysteine (SMAC) are produced with much better bioavailability than compounds in conventional garlic such as allicin. SAC is a very stable molecule, unlike the highly unstable active ingredient allicin. It is important to choose a fermented black garlic highly standardized on SAC content since many scientific studies point to the important health effects of this compound. SAC is considered an important chemical marker for the effectiveness of garlic.
Very high SAC content
FBG22™ is fermented garlic that contains at least 10 mg of SAC (S-allyl cysteine) per gram, which is one of the highest levels of SAC to be obtained naturally. This is due to the unique, triple fermentation process and the quality and variety of the garlic.
Substantial increase in antioxidant capacity
The fermentation process forms powerful new substances and also significantly increases the antioxidant capacity of garlic. The fermentation process also transforms the polyphenols and flavonoids of garlic. These active substances are cut into smaller pieces making them much more bioavailable. These transformed flavonoids are often called SOD-like substances because they have an antioxidant property similar to that of SOD (superoxide dismutase). They are very stable, which is a huge advantage for efficacy.
Much lower daily dose needed
SAC IS AN IMPORTANT PROPERTY FOR THE THERAPEUTIC VALUE OF FERMENTED GARLIC
SAC or S-allyl cysteine is a water-soluble sulphur compound that is odorless and stable. It is easily absorbed by the intestine. Several studies confirm the antioxidant properties of garlic and S-allyl cysteine. The mechanisms observed include:
- Scavenger activity of ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) and RNS (Reactive Nitrogen Species)
- Activation of endogenous antioxidants such as glutathione peroxidase, NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase and superoxide dismutase (SOD)
- Activation of the Nrf2 factor
- Inhibition of pro-oxidizing enzymes (xanthine oxidase, cyclooxygenase and NADPH oxidase)
Why choose FBG22™?
- High amount of S-allyl cysteine or SAC (min. 10 mg SAC/g)
- Significant increase in antioxidant capacity
- Formation of new active substances that are more stable and more active
- Much lower daily dose needed
- Improves cardiovascular and immune system
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases in general
- Promotes a healthy blood circulation of the body and brain
- Has a beneficial effect on blood pressure
- Improves blood lipid profiles in patients with mild hypercholesterolemia
- Possesses pronounced antioxidant properties
- Supports healthy immune function
- Contributes to a healthy liver function
- Anti-inflammatory activity (inhibiting chronic inflammation)